Honors College and Residences

Address: 
1101 3rd Street, West Lafayette, IN

The Purdue Honors College is a residential college that seeks to educate the whole student and bridge the gap between curricular and extracurricular learning.

Student members of the Honors College pursue rigorous honors coursework, build relationships and networks with other highly motivated students and honors faculty members, and graduate with a citation from the Honors College on their diploma. While such recognition distinguishes an honors graduate among others applying for professional positions and graduate school, many of the rewards of joining the Honors College are less tangible but equally powerful: personal growth and the satisfaction of intellectual challenge. Honors College students engage the community in a variety of ways and strive to become leaders at Purdue and beyond.

Each year, the Honors College enrolls approximately 750 students — curious, motivated and dedicated individuals who wish to belong to a diverse community of scholars.

Honors students take 24 credits of honors coursework, including 5 credits of HONR courses and 19 electives. Students also must complete a thesis or scholarly project and have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher to complete Honors College requirements and graduate with honors.

Prospective students can visit the Honors College website to discover details, including information about applying to join the Honors College, the Honors College curriculum, available scholarships and Honors College housing.

Did you know?Honors College ambassadors are pleased to answer questions.

Did you know? There are multiple ways to take virtual tours of the Honors College.