Pfendler (David C.) Hall of Agriculture (PFEN)
Pfendler Hall, built in 1901 as the original home for the School of Agriculture, had a $16 million facelift in 2004. The building, formerly called Agricultural Hall, and later Entomology Hall, was vacated in 1999 because of its deteriorating condition.
After extensive renovations Pfendler Hall includes new classrooms, a spatial modeling computer lab and office space for faculty, staff and graduate students. An addition to the building, which houses several new laboratories and a large auditorium, connects it to Whistler Hall.
Pfendler Hall represents an architectural style known as Beaux-arts classicism, a style popular at the turn of the 20th century, and was renovated following historic design standards established by the U.S. Secretary of the Interior.